Who wants to help serve a meal and wash dishes? 🥣 🍽 🚰
Kitchen needs 3 folks at meals to push dishes through the dishwasher, then our servers! Please use the link below!
Only those on the list will be allowed in the building to help.
Way to help….start making some agape!! We need table & pillow agape for these 🐛 of #62.
So rally your current or old reunion group members, family, Sunday School class, ect and let’s share the AGAPE Love to these students! It’s been a rough couple years and they are ready to be blessed!
120 items for all or 60 if it’s just for boys or girls side. Please include a note so we can share who it’s from!
Samples are below, and items can be sent with team members or dropped off at the church anytime between now and March 25!!!
Weekend #62 Candidate 🐛Update:
💗Girls is full, with a waiting list started!
💙Boys has a few spots left, but is filling quicker than usual!
Applications and Reference forms can be picked up from Community Reps Below or download online.
Webster- Matt Bell
Hopkins Central- Michael Zimmer
North Hopkins - Chelsey Inglis
Muhlenburg- Chris Dennis
We said ways to help & serve on weekend 62 are going to look different….Here is Way 2!
Your gift will help us so much! You’ll see weekend supplies and items to give those whom forget or lose toiletries throughout the weekend. We will continue to update the Amazon list as we find some needs in prepping for the weekend!
Why? During the over two years off from weekends we have experienced a flood in the basement, items not being used going bad, and just some things expiring! So we need to replenish some of our Agape & Kitchen supplies! Cost have also went up on so many items, and we have are currently have not raised the weekend cost.
And keep doing task 1….Pray!!!!!
Over the next several weeks you will begin to see many ways you can help with Weekend #62. Many of those may not be through the “usual” ways of how things have been done before. So stay tuned 👀 and share with friends!
We are trying to do what we can to ensure for a safe and Christ filled weekend, that all in our community have been missing!
So first up that list of To Dos from our Wonderful Community…..PRAY!!!
- for the lay directors Karen Solise & JD Lester
- the team of 62 as they begin meeting next week
- the caterpillars whom will be coming
- physical & spirtual health of all involved
- board members as they make decisions for 62
This is a message we had hoped to not deliver. The fall weekend previously scheduled on November 19-21, 2021 is cancelled, or better said, postponed.
The Chrysalis Board, made up of many community members, has discussed the current pandemic situation in the schools, and sought the counsel of local medical professionals/health department to reach this decision.
In our recent board meeting discussion, two things were echoed by each member:
1. A Desire for Chrysalis to happen- but without so many changes that take away from the experience and the weekend as we have known it. If we did push forward with having the current scheduled weekend many key elements would have to be overhauled, such as: team meeting layout, staying the night, servers coming in, less people on the weekend, a very different or none at all community service(s).
2. Safety of ALL on and beyond the weekend - not wanting any team member or candidate to end up ill, or furthermore them carrying it home to family over the Holiday weekend that would follow. Also knowing that if an outbreak occurred, we put the facility we are graciously allowed to use at FUMC in danger of having to stop many of their ministries for a short time.
Please know this decision was not to come easily and we will have another weekend! As soon as it's safe enough to run a mainly normal weekend and put a team together it will happen. The next weekend may not follow our normal dates of March & November, because we want to have one as soon as safely possible so watch for dates and keep praying!
Thank you Community for continued support,
Catherine Hughes -Board Chair
& Chrysalis Board Members
Anyone miss an opportunity to attend Chrysalis the last couple years because of COVID canceling?
Or conflict of schedules?
Here is your chance to attend NOW!
Any Recent HS Grads who want to attend can fill this form out by clicking below!
The Dates of the Potential College weekend will be Jan 14-16, 2022.
Please Share, Share, And Share again!!!